10 February 2008

Multicolored Coleslaw

We have been shopping today and I remembered the recipe from Jamie's latest book (Jamie at home) for coleslaw. Luckily, I could get lots of crunchy veggies for and gave it my own twist. Unfortunately, I don't have a food processor yet, so it was pure manual labor (took me probably 1 hour) but it was absolutly worse it.

Here my version of it (and you can at least feed 4 people with it): 1/2 small red cabbage, 1/2 small cabbage, 1 fennel bulb, 1 red onion, 1 shallot, 1 parsnip, 3 carrots, 250 g yoghurt, 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon honeymustard, fresh chives, parsley, mint, fresh black pepper, salt

I loved how the mint and fennel works in it, amazing.

Cut (or process) everything in julienne slices, mix it together and you are done. We made same oven-baked potato wedges to go with it, that we spiced with some mustard seeds, chili, pepper, salt etc.

Yummi - I will buy a food processor next weekend - you bet!

No comments: