23 May 2009

Lentil and Veggie Salat - Yummi

Currently, I am looking for some healthier recipes and I am absolutely delighted with this one. I found it at "Cook yourself thin" and adapted it a bit to my taste and I think you can try it with many different veggies.

1 Aubergine, 1 Zucchini, 3 Peppers (red, green, yellow), a few Tomatoes, 1 Onion (red or white), 1-2 cloves of Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Chili powder (or fresh Chili), fresh Parsely a bit of fresh Mint, a handful of green Lentils, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Goats Cheese (if you like)


Cut all vegetables in slices (tomatoes and onion in quarters), put in a deep baking dish (like a lasagna form) sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili and bake in the oven for around 30 min at 200-220 °C. Stir once or twice to get veggies evenenly brown.

In the meantime cook lentils in little water with a tabelspoon of balsamic vinegar (takes about 20 min.)

Mix veggies and lentil and season to taste with more balsamic vinegar, parsely and a bit of mint.

You can let it cool down to eat as a salat or put some Goat's Cheese on top and grill for it for additional 1-2 min.

I will include a photo as soon as I make it again. Can't be too long ;o)


No comments: