30 May 2009

Mezze Feast

Finally, today I thought about making photos (or rather got my better half to do it) while cooking. First, I made a mixture of an Arabian Salad and Tabbouleh (from the recipes I got while attending a class at Petra Kitchen in Jordan - I still remember that evening, we had so much fun). Second, I tried a recipe for baked Falafel if found at a Vicarious Foodie's blog and made some Meatballs with Mint and Tzatziki.


My Arabian Tabbouleh Fusion:
For my fusion salad I chopped 4-5 tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, 1 red pepper, 1 piece of garlic, 1 cup parsely, and a few mint leaves very finely, seasoned with fresh pepper, salt and a bit chili and a lug of olive oil and lemon juice. Lovely.

Falafel
As I said I looked for some falafel recipes that I could bake in the oven instead of frying and decided to try the one from Vicarious Foodie, I just changed a few ingredients to suit my taste and just saw that I forgot the onions (buaahh):

1 can of chickpeas (small one), 1/8 cup minced onion, 1 glove minced garlic, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp ground coriander, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup pasely, coriander and mint leaves (together not each), 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 spritz of lemon juice, 1 tsp tahini, a few crackers to roll the falafel in. 

The taste was lovely, but they were a bit crumbly, so next time I firstly will include the onions ;o) and roll them in a beaten egg before rolling in the bread (or cracker) crumbs.

Meatballs
1 lb minced lean beef, 1 lb minced lamb, parsely, mint, coriander (there was enough left from the salads ;o), 1 finely chopped onion, pepper, salt, chili flakes.

Mix all together and fry in some olive oil until golden or as brown as you like.

Tzatziki 
1/4 cucumber finely chopped, normally I use lot's of dill, this time it was (who would have guessed?) mint, garlic (to your taste), olive oil, salt, pepper and 4 tbsp of greek yoghurt. 
This time I made a rather small amount as we only where 2 people and I didn't want to eat tzatziki all week (altough I really like it). Mix it all together and enjoy.

No comments: