28 January 2008

Spain - Seafood, Paella & Tapas

Barcelona
What a wonderful city!
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the restaurant we (stupidely enough) had only a small bite. Stupid, because when I saw the huge plates of Langostinos or Paella the Spanish guests had I was very disappointed that I haven't been hungry enough to try their 7 course Christmas menu for nearly no money at all. If you ever come to Barcelona, try the restaurant that you can find at the corner of Carrer de Guiter and Carrer de L'Almirall Cervera, I will definitely when we go back again. The place we have been twice was El Posit, what a way to indulge in seafood, we had paella, assorted seafood for starters and some traditional seafood dish that was cooked in a broth (I can't remember the name). Yummi.

Madrid
What should I say, I can't remember being to a great restaurant there (oh, sorry, I forgot the hotel restaurant at Bauza's - especially remember the chocolat with olive oil dessert - sounds strange, but works very well). For me Madrid is a great place for tapas and churros con chocolate at some traditional breakfast bars.

Ronda
Andalucia in Ronda, we stayed at the Alavera de los Baños, a bit tricky to find at the beginning, but a beautiful place to stay and if you like Morrocan influences dishes, definitely go and eat there. Ronda has many nice restaurants and tapas bars, especially when you are not in the main city, but going through the gates of the town towards the lower level. If you can't get a room in Ronda or like to taste something different, try Molino del Santo, not in Ronda itself but close enough with a great garden and also fantastic food. I could die for their 'leche frita' dessert and the 'creme catalana' with raspberries, lovely. I just found this very nice blog digging into a bit of food history Andalucia. I really need to go on holidays soon...

No comments: